Tuesday, October 18

Don & Drew OR Dawn & Drew

Been quite interested in podcasting recently and have been religiously downloading programmes such as Sportsweek and Today from BBC. Really brings me back to my time in London and hopefully they can put Foxy Top 40 Countdown on Podcasting soon.

An interesting observation came upon me while I was fiddling with podcasting. The most popular podcaster in America is a couple Dawn & Drew who are the pioneers in the industry. They are know for their creative and interesting titbits of information (even though I have not heard them yet). Was listening to the radio of Perfect 10 every morning on my way to work and often hear about the Dawn and Drew Show. I was thinking wow, our Singaporean artistes are quite popular. Unfortunately I found out that our version of Dawn and Drew are actually Don and Drew, an Eurasian and an Ang Mo combo! I must say they are quite good and really enjoy their humour but must they really copy and make a parody of the original Dawn & Drew show. I dun think that is really necessary, in fact even if they called themselves "2 Guys Talking Cock", I am sure many will still tuned in for show.

Some food for thought!

No comments: