Monday, August 20

Garibaldi

Went to spend a "romantic" evening at Garibaldi, an Italian restaurant at Purvis Street. I had heard about this restaurant for some time and heard that they were very snobbish and the food was only so-so.

So I braved myself and we reserved a table last Tuesday. We probably arrived early compared to others as the restaurant was pretty empty. We started with the bread and it was heavenly (later we found out that the bread costs $7 for half a loaf). It was our first time there so we requested for the antipesti palate. It was very good with all the variety. The soup that we ordered, pumpkin soup with crab was heavenly. The soup was sweet with the crab meat and with the bread....

The main course was not that fantastic. I had the linguine with crab. I thought it tasted pretty ordinary for the price. The finale was the dessert, simple tiramisu but made to perfection. Well worth the price.

Overall, the experience was good. The service was very good as well. However, not a place for the price sensitive (yup, that includes me :-(). Maybe for the next special occasion!

No comments: