Tuesday, July 31

The Simpsons!

For anyone who is not a Simpson's fan, go watch the movie! I would say that the Simpsons is one of my favourite shows on tele (Seinfeld counts as my other strong favourites for sitcoms) simply because it is so simple. The show basically touches on common issues with a very humourous touch. Started watching it probably in secondary school but at that time could not really understand most of the jokes but as I got older, I realise that the issues they talk about are very real and honestly funny if you look at it from their perspective.

Saw the trailer for the movie probably 1 year ago, when they did a spoof on the Superman movie where Homer is actually superman. I think the movie came at a right time as people have been waiting for it for the past 18 years. The storyline was also apt as it covers environmental issues and made a few spoofs as well to jazz up the movie.

All the favourites were included in the movie with some exceptions such as Side-Show Bob, etc. Some of the scenes that sent me laughing were:
1) Chief Wiggum's son screaming out the Fox's theme music
2) Homer complaining of paying to watch something which can be watched free on tele
3) Homer praying that Flanders is gay
4) Of cos, spider pig and Harry Plopper
5) Cocoa done up by Flanders
6) Homer being toss between the rock and a hard place

Ok, I think that's all the summer blockbusters for now. The next big movie I want to watch is Ratouille! :-)

No comments: