Monday, January 28

I am still alive!

It's been an eventful January thus far and that I find it difficult to pen down my thoughts and the events. But thus far the most memorable event was the Scarlett. Managed to book a night at the Scarlett hotel, a boutique hotel in Tanjong Pagar.

I must say the furniture in the hotel was stunning. Lots of red velvet surrounding the room...unfortunately no pictures but you can get a rough sense from the website. In addition, there's a wonderful restaurant called Desire in the hotel and the decor is similar to the hotel, fantastic! The food was lovely (will try to add the photos once I figure out how to work my bluetooth on my computer :p) Overall, a nice place to spend the weekend in the centre of Singapore.

Update: Photo of the food we ate
PS: In return for the Scarlett stay, I got the chance to stay at the Siloso Beach Resort last weekend. The room was much bigger than that at the Scarlett and it even had a rooftop jacuzzi. Though it was raining pretty heavily on that Sunday afternoon, we still manage to soak in the jacuzzi in the evening before our dinner. Dinner was at Il Lido, one of Sentosa's famous restaurant and I really liked the food a lot. Much better than at Desire and the ambience was fantastic, facing the sea, feeling the sea breeze.

A good substitute overall considering that our Phuket trip was cancelled due to Jetstar!

No comments: